Monday, December 6, 2010

Music

While I was completing my Critical essay I ventured through YouTube as a I often do to break up the tension of an essay. I looked up the song "Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith, daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkitt-Smith. If one observes her style in fashion and hair you can view a more "mature" appearance. Keep in mind Willow is age 10. Watching the music video I found myself surprised. It's almost devoid of sexuality minus 5-8 seconds of one female dancer in red pants. Also for the most part all depicted int he video, minus again the female dancer in red pants, were rather conservatively dressed. I know, she's 10, but that's still not the norm for the rap/Hip-Hop music video scene from my observations.

Here's a link to the video if anyone is interested. "Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith

I heard "Statistics" by Lyfe Jennings song a while back and liked it. To be honest I have yet to view the video. I'm curious of everyone's reactions to the video and lyrics. "Statistics" by Lyfe Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment